If you visit Tabasco in Mexico this winter you can book a cruise trip with the French cruise ship Le Champlain. Enjoy lazy days on the sea and have some delicious dinner in the restaurant on board the ship!
Where can I take the cruise boat Le Champlain?
The French cruiser Le Champlain from the state of Campeche is already on the coast of Tabasco. Maybe you don’t know Mexico that well and wonder where Tabasco is located. It is one of the 32 federal entities of Mexico and is divided into 17 municipalities. The capital city is Villahermosa.
Tabasco is located in the southeast of the country bordering the states of Campeche to the northeast, Veracruz to the west, Chiapas to the south, and the Petén department of Guatemala to the southeast. It has a coastline to the north with the Gulf of Mexico, according to Wikipedia.
How big is the Le Champlain fleet?
The Le Champlain fleet is made up of expeditionary ships of modern design that allow you to enter ports and places where cruise ships of traditional commercial lines cannot enter due to their large draft, that is due to the size of their hull and the displacement of the same.
The aforementioned fleet consists of 12 vessels that have 92 to 132 suites, such as Le Champlain, which is the ship that will dock at the Port of Dos Bocas, Tabasco. It is considered a luxury yacht with 92 suites for 200 passengers.
Ponant’s second cruise ship
This is the second ship in the class of cruise explorers operated by Ponant. According to the information available on these ships on Ponant’s official website, each class member has been assigned the name of a famous French explorer, and Le Champlain is named after Samuel de Champlain, “The Father of New France.”
Arrival dates for Le Champlain cruise ship
Le Champlain has arrival dates to Dos Bocas on November 5, November 19, December 3, December 17, January 14 and next January 28.
It is scheduled that tourists arriving on Tabasco soil will visit the cacao farms and Palenque, the ancient Mayan site from 226 BC, among other routes that are being analyzed by tour operators and local authorities.
The arrival of the ship is planned for 07:30 in the morning.
We found some information about the cruise ship on Ponant’s website:
Featuring innovative and environmentally friendly equipment, elegantly designed staterooms, spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, this new limited capacity yacht boasting just 92 staterooms and suites will offer you a truly unique cruising experience.
As the second ship in a new series that remains true to the Ponant spirit, Le Champlain will embody the unique atmosphere that is the cruise line’s hallmark, a subtle blend of refinement, intimacy and comfort.
Aboard this ship that flies the French flag, you will experience the incomparable pleasure of an intimate cruise, with the possibility of exploring an ever increasing range of destinations in an ethnic chic ambiance with luxury service.
Experience a luxurious setting where the accent is on authenticity and passion for travel.
Visit the Chocolate Farm
Start your tour visiting a Mayan ancient city located in the lowlands of Tabasco, “Comalcalco Archaeological Zone”, the only city built with clay bricks.Then we visit a cocoa farm in Comalcalco town where you will learn the true history and development of chocolate, and enjoy many activities. At the farm you will be able to observe tropical plants and the exotic fruits and trees of the region.
You will then be able to trek inside the cocoa plantation and learn about the cultivation processes, biological characteristics, varieties and very interesting facts about their care.
Discover French cuisine onboard Le Champlain
As it is an essential part of French culture, gastronomy will naturally have pride of place aboard this new ship.
- To the back of Deck 4, you will find a 260 m² panoramic restaurant that can accommodate all of our passengers in a single sitting. Designed differently from our other ships, this dining area, which opens onto the outside, will have a buffet of salads, desserts, and cheeses at your disposal. Our discreet and attentive crew will provide table service for hot meals.
- In a relaxed atmosphere, an outdoor grill on Deck 3 will serve grilled meats with a variety of salads and desserts.
Facilities on board Le Champlain
Le Champlain has many common areas that are designed and equipped to meet all of your needs while preserving the intimacy of each passenger.
A 140 m² reception area includes:
- A reception/concierge desk
- An excursions desk
- The ship’s administrative services
- The sales office, manned by our Guest Relations Officer
- Our 50 m² boutique which sells clothing, jewelry, beauty products, postcards, and various accessories
- Toilets accessible to passengers with reduced mobility
A new hydraulic platform with adjustable height provides:
- Easier boarding than on any other cruise ship
- Easier Zodiac embarkation and disembarkation for expeditions
- Easier access to the sea for swimming and practicing various water sports such as kayaking or paddle-boarding
A pool deck offering:
- A pool with a panoramic view, equipped with a counter current swimming system
- A pleasant solarium
- An outdoor bar and lounge with armchairs and sofas
A 200 m² main lounge which can accommodate all of our passengers to share convivial moments and to host activities organized during the day or evening.
Lastly, a theatre that seats 188, equipped with:
- The latest sound and lighting technology
- A LED wall as the stage backdrop, for the projection of high-resolution images and videos
Do you want to explore Le Champlain on your next trip?
Are you excited to explore the North Eastern side of Mexico and Tabasco? You should definitely consider experiencing Le Champlain. We can guarantee an excellent French kitchen at its very best and beautiful scenery in addition to many exciting stops and destinations on the way. Was this article helpful for you? We are happy if you want to share, like and comment on social media!