This app for AmigaOS beats all Google Maps and Open Street Map services on the other operating systems a lot in speed and user friendliness. And now the developer behind it have just released MUIMapparium 0.7 for AmigaOS 3.x RTG, AmigaOS 4, MorphOS and AROS. He simply moves the entire AmigaOS platform forward with his app and we at Amitopia thanks every second that he spent doing so. AmigaOS needed this.
He released the new version of MUIMapparium 0.7 with Many new and Important features. This includes repaired Search function, Exports and the PhotoList. Fantastic! The Waypoints is incredible handy and the Search function is FAST. Amitopia team never had issues with this app and it’s for sure an app that many PC and even MAC users will envy. Maybe there are some apps like this released for them, but I’ve searched and couldn’t find it.
Change List for MUIMapparium 0.7
- BugFix: Search Function
- BugFix: Saving Route without calculating a Route
- Set current maps position and zoom as start position for the program
- Remember open status and active page of Side Panel
- Configure Color of WayPoints
- Export Map as PNG Image
- Export Route as HTML File
- Export TrackPlot as PNG Image
- Export Track as HTML File
- Load EXIF of Photos
- Show Photo position on Map
- Simple Photo viewer
- AREXX commands for adding photos to list
- Help for AREXX commands
Requirements for MUIMapparium 0.7
- RTG Graphics card (Picasso 96 or CGFX) 15/16/24/32 bit Screen
- TCP/IP Stack (Internet connection)
- 8+ MB RAM
- Amiga 68k, 68020+, (68881+ FPU recommended) AmigaOS 3.0+
- Amiga OS4, OS 4.0+
- AROS i386, ABIv0
- AROS ARM, ABIv0 ARMV6+ VFPV2+ HardFloat (e.g. RasPi 1-3)
- AROS x86_64, ABIv1 (non SMP-Version)
- MorphOS 3.8+
Additional Notes from the MUIMapparium Developer itself
The FPU version is much faster, especially with routes and tracks. If you experience slow map movement, with the NoFPU version, don’t blame me (or the program) buy a proper FPU.
Offline Operation is possible, but only harddisk cached map images are shown.
Downloads: MUIMapparium 0.7
- MUIMapparium m68k-Amiga
- MUIMapparium i386-AROS ABIV0
- MUIMapparium ARM AROS ABIV0 (RasPi)
- MUIMapparium x86_64 AROS ABIV1
- MUIMapparium PowerPC MorphOS
- MUIMapparium PowerPC AmigaOS4
MUIMapparium is developed in Pascal for AmigaOS. It runs on everything except for on AmigaOS running on original Amiga hardware by Commodore. AmigaOS RTG version runs fine on AmigaOS 3.x running on graphics cards such as ATI Radeon or Voodoo 3 cards etc. Vampire 68080 uses seems to have to use the none-FPU version of MUIMapparium though as there are conflicts there it seems at the moment.
If you got AmigaOS 4 issues, Read Here
He added some debug output for AmigaOS4, so if you experience problems starting up MUIMapparium on OS4 check the debug output (e.g. Sashimi). It should count from 1 to 26 on the bootup, but do check if any numbers missing and send me the result on one of the forums I’m usually on. Amitopia doesn’t have any AmigaOS4 machine to test this on, so maybe someone out there can help regarding this issue?
alb42 MUIMapparium Site